12 June 2009

PENANG CHAR KOAY TEOW

There is a stall inside a coffee shop selling delicious and aromatic Penang Char Koay Teow in Jalan Alor next to Season’s View Hotel : http://www.seasonsview.com/map_directions.htm. I always receive compliments from friends whom I recommended to try this stall fried noodles.
****The owner cum cook is an eldery lady from Penang. For many years, I had been eating her char koay teow and she is always on my top of my list. She knows my order whenever she sees my face. Usually, I'll have mixed yellow mee and koay teow (flat noodles) plus all the ingredients ie. 3 or 4 medium size prawns, slices of lap cheong/chinese sausages, lots of cockles, cut chives, fresh bean sprout, chili paste and egg.***
^^^^If you stand next to the wok, you can see this aunty uses pork oil to fry and added a lot of chopped garlic and 'chai por' to enhance the taste.....1st Secret!!! From time to time, she'll adjust her fire temperature......this is the art of frying..... VIP Secret!!! ^^^^
####Finally, a plate of delicious and aromatic Penang Fried Koay Teow is ready for you.!!!###
RM4.50 per plate (normal size)

4 comments:

  1. CKT is so full of ingredients and cheap,too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should give it a try...it's value for money:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have a delicious CKT in that area. Btw...refreshing new outlook for your blog :) Keep blogging, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks CK:-) Can't wait to 'ciak' Penang food you posted recently.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker