The other day while shopping for groceries, I saw this packet of Japanese Gyoza Pastry. Quickly grab a packet and decide on the recipe later since weekend is approaching.
Upon returning home, I look in my fridge and saw quarter bottle of Japanese Soy Sauce which has been there about 6 months ago (last time I used it for soba noodle).
With a piece of chicken breast,two stalks of parsely leafs, fresh ginger, my cooking mode is certainly on. I heart for healthy recipe and hence this is not the original gyoza.
Preparation For Dumplings
1) Chop the chicken meat till fine.
2) Cut and chopped parsely
3) Mix both the ingredient and season with 2 tablespoon of Japanese soy sauce (or salt) pepper and garlic oil (optional).
4) Put a tablespoon of the filling in the centre of each skin, apply water on the edges and seal it tighly. Repeat till finish.
5) Using 5 tablespoon of oil, pan fried both sides of dumpling till golden brown/cooked.
Preparation for Ginger Dipping
1) Julienne the fresh ginger
2) Pour the Japanese soy sauce (original recipe requires vinegar and sesame oil)
Taadaa....my healthy 'Gyoza' fried dumplings...