24 March 2013

VIETNAM HOUSE IN SAN GABRIEL, CA

Overdue Post

With three days left before I fly back to KL, I wanted to treat my friend and family to a lunch in one of the few Vietnamese restaurant situated in San Gabriel. But, alas they won't allow me to pay at the end of our meal! 

According to my friend, finding a parking spot is quite tough as there is limited space during lunch hour. But we were lucky on that day as we got to park our car in less than 10 minutes! ^^ 

This is the worst service I have ever encountered among all my dining experiences in US. From the moment menu was placed on our table till the time we finished our food, the server is unfriendly yet arrogant which did spoilt our my mood. After our third call, we managed to get the Vietnamese waiter to take our order and the same applies when we wanted to settle our bill. If it's not for my friend's parent, I will lose patience and walk out from there.

Expect big crowd comprises mainly chinese from HK & Taiwan

Not too elaborate, so do expect a simple menu with cheap price tag. Runs by a family from Vietnam including the cooks too.

Obligatory to serve and to have!
A plate of fresh basil and beansprouts for popular PHO Bo noodles/Vietnamese Beef Noodles Soup. Very generous portion of beef slices,vermicelli in aromatic boiled beef soup which I shared with my friend's mom.(forgotten to snap photo on this staple). Fish & Sweet sauce for Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls

Fully packed with load of fresh greens, boiled vermicelli and fresh prawns rolled with a layer of transparent rice paper. Lack of flavor even after dipped with accompanied sweet sauce.

Rice with Grilled Pork and Egg Rolls. I managed to taste a  small piece of the grilled pork and it was fragrant, moist and tender enough. Seeing my fried truly enjoying this platter, I regretted for not ordering the same.

Vietnamese Coffee
wait for the coffee to drip, stir to mix up the coffee with the condensed milk, and then pour it over the ice in the glass. I didn't taste and can't vouch for it.

Red bean with coconut milk and green jelly
It looks good 'on the outer' but not in the inner.
  Bottomed up with 1/2 glass of thick red bean,
 and layered with thick and sweet coconut milk which make it difficult to even stir or mix up all together. Not my choice of dessert..in this restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker