22 November 2010

CHICKEN RICE FOR LUNCH MEETING

The other day, I was left with the task to order lunch for my bosses and their potential investor. Sandwiched between Seafood Fried Rice from Marco Polo and Chee Meng Chicken Rice, I asked my boss and he opted for the latter which is his favourite.

Chee Meng Chicken Rice or Nasi Ayam Chee Meng has been in the business since 1965 and certified Halal by Jakim. Because of this, you can see muslims including other races crowding and enjoying their meal in this eatery especially during lunch and dinner.

For a total of ten person, I ordered 10 boxes of chicken rice, 1 whole steamed chicken, 1 whole roasted chicken, 2 portion of fried bean sprouts with salted fish & 2 boxes of kerabu mangga with anchovies. Free peanut soup was included in the package.

ROASTED CHICKEN (RM52.90 PER BIRD)
meat texture was moisted and tender..roasted at the right temperature STEAMED CHICKEN (RM52.90 PER BIRD)
not my fave but after having a bite, I added 2 more pieces on my plate cos' meat was well done (without any sight of blood)

KERABU MANGGA (RM15.50 PER BOX)
combination of crunchy shredded mangoes+small onions+chili padi+crispy fried ikan bilis + peanut, compliment well with the sweet and spicy sauce

STIR FRIED BEAN SPROUTS WITH SALTED FISH (RM15.50 PER PORTION)
I don't really fancy this dish but the aromatic salted fish drives me crazy & I ended up having quarter of it!

The soup was tasty filled with lots of soft boiled peanuts and not forgetting the fragrant chilies sauce!

ALMOST READY FOR LUNCH!!!


TOTAL DAMAGE $$$ I personally feel that it is very expensive for such a simple chicky meal. Anyway, everyone (including myself ) praises with 2 thumbs up on the food, so what is RM186.80 ...lunch fo 10 pax??? ^_^

Please note that if you wish to pre-book your order in advance, you must personally visit the respective outlet as there is no telephone available (Bkt Bintang branch).

NASI AYAM CHEE MENG
50 JALAN BUKIT BINTANG, 55100 KUALA LUMPUR
MAp->
http://www.cheemeng.com.my/map_bb.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker