25 November 2010

ESTANA CURRY HOUSE

This is my first post on Indian food....and more to come soon...

A colleague of mine dragged me to buy her a dinner in Estana Curry House located along Jalan Sultan Ismail, KL (saw row after Menara Genesis) or next to Hotel Istana. This restaurant has been operating business for many years. I used to patronised this eatery, usually after working hour (to gossip ^.^) with my boss and colleagues in my previous company.

That evening, I did the ordering...

2 glasses of ice teh tarik (kurang manis) @ RM1.60 each
totally refreshing and less sugar!

1 piece of roti canai telur bawang @ RM1.80
the roti canai was not fluffy and quiet dried. I requested for curry ayam+kambing which was superb, or else we couldn't finish the roti canai


Mee Goreng @ RM3.80
I dislike it.. ..the noodles was soggy ,overcooked + tasteless and without limau kasturi. Even after mixing with the lime juice, it still can't satisfy our tastetuds. We poured & mixed some curry gravy on the fried noodles and ola la la....plate totally cleaned up


We saw packets of nasi lemak on top of few tables. I grabbed a packet and it was warm. Although this whole packet of rice looks nice to eat but we were upset....the sambal was overspicy and tasteless. What we do? Again, we added few spoons of curry gravy to make it more palatable.
NASI LEMAK @ RM1.50


At the end of the meal, both of us concluded that if there is no good curry gravy, our table will be left with unfinished food except the drinks.

I did not expect the quality of food served here has dropped tremendously cos' previously with my ex boss and colleagues, we enjoyed having our cup of tea and dinner here, two or three times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker