09 September 2012

EGG CHEE CHEONG FUN & TAUFU FA ....SG LEMBING


A new discovery for me during my short break in Sungai Lembing. Have you heard of Egg Chee Cheong Fun? I didn't know this popular staple until friend told me I must try before my return to KL. 

Few of us were there early in the morning at 6 am before the sun rise. It is easy to locate this stall facing directly Sg Lembing morning market.

If you see this old man (owner) & his wife, then you hit the right spot. They are always in action...hubs is the cook while wife is waiteress cum cashier.
the main ingredient is the egg.. break the add and and stir together with a thin layer of rice flour mixture and sprinkle with  fried dried shrimps + chopped spring onion


metal woks for steaming

final product...(RM1.40 per roll)
egg chee cheong fun serves with chilly and black sweet sauce

I like the pleasant smells from the egg & fragrant dried shrimps which make this simple rice roll worth trying. I regretted ordering 1 piece only. And if you want to place another round of order, you have to be patient with the crowd that gets bigger really fast. 

As I was still feeling hungry, and upon recommendation from my friend, I bought this bowl of taufu fa/soft beancurd with black sugar (RM1.20) from a stall inside the market. Silky and smooth. A nice breakie indeed. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, very interesting and sure love to try this dish, breakfast.....3 pieces for me.
    I have passed thru or stopped for coffee or lunch here when in Pahang, or going to Kuantan....once upon a time in the '70s.
    Love this small town.....the trees on main street too....
    Have a nice day.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...Uncle Lee...will tapau 1 dozen for you..haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker