06 September 2010

SATAY JAWA

One evening while driving leisurely in Kampung Pandan Dalam, I passed by this shop and saw lots of people sitting with food lying on top of their tables waiting to breaking fast or 'buasa puasa' as it was holy month of Ramadan.

To unveil my curiosity on the type of food the stall is selling, I stop and alighted from my car. The first thing that caught my attention was the sign board depicting Selera Asli Masakan Jawa & Satay Kambing.

During my holiday in Bandung, I had tasted satay kambing which was tender, juicy yet full of aroma. I noticed that most of the tables are filled with plates of satay. Since it was my main intention to try the satay there and still have doubt on the taste, for a start I order five sticks only .

Within 10 minutes, a plate of mutton satay arrived on my table. I like the tasty dipping sauce made of dark & light soya sauce, blended red chilies, pounded peanuts with slices of big onions and cucumber. The mutton meat was tastless and quite hard, thus have difficulty to chew. Strongly not recommended.

ingredients for the dipping sauce which is more suitable eaten with ikan bakar

satay on the heat

Disappointed over the satay (with left over of 2 sticks), our eyes turned to the stall which sells rice and dishes. Again, feeling 'doubt', we opted for a small portion of white rice, a piece of curry chicken and ulam. Amazingly, the gravy was absolutely thick enough and delicious. Not forgetting the crunchy greens.

RM2 ....simply delicious


other side dishes: fish cooked in various styles

more side dishes

We wanted to try other side dishes but the crowd gets bigger and decided to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker