20 September 2010

HOME COOKED KERABU MEEHOON - PENANG STYLE


I LOVE MY MOM'S COOKING. SHE IS THE BEST COOK. I'm sure most of you definitely agree with this statement.

Penang Kerabu Meehoon is a all in one dish which I can eat 5 meals a day. Simple and easy to prepare but need an expert cook like my mom to whipped up such a delectable dish in less than 20 minutes. Since I love seafood, my mom will never fail to add fresh prawns and squids to suit my taste bud.

Below are my mom's secret recipe which I would like to share with all cooking enthusiast.


Ingredients
a) 1 packet of vermicelli - soaked till soft & drain the water
b) dessicated/grated coconut (kerisik)
c) sliced squids
d) fresh prawns (deshell)
e) kaffir lime leaves (cut finely)
f) small onions (slice thinly)
g) 2-3 limes

Chilies paste
blend cut red chillies + lemon grass + garlic + small onions + belacan (shrimp paste) + dried prawns

Method
1) In a small wok, heat up oil and fry the chillies paste till fragrant.
2) Add in squids, prawns, sugar and salt to taste. Set aside.
3) Pan fried the meehoon till cooked and set aside.
4) In a big bowl, add the mee hoon + cooked chillies paste and
the rest of the cut ingredients and mix it well.
5) Serve in a plate with a lime.

A DELECTABLE HOME COOKED KERABU MEEHOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker