Feeling bored eating instant maggi mee, I decided to whip up a bowl of Japanese green tea soup noodles.
All the ingredients are purchased from a Japanese mini mart in Melaka. Every item in the store are sold at RM5 each which is very reasonable.
INGREDIENTS: dried green tea noodles and soya sauce/stock for the soup (make sure you get the right type of soya sauce that blends well with your choice of noodles)
(you can cook up to 7 bowls of noodles using 1 packet of green tea noodles + 1 bottle of soya sauce)
GARNISHING : shredded dried seaweed, bonito & chopped spring onions
METHOD - TO COOK NOODLES
1. Put dried green tea noodles into a pot of water.
2. Leave it to boil and cooked for 10-15 minutes.
3. Dish out the noodles from the pot and put into a bowl of water filled with ice cubes (to ensure noodles are springy)
METHOD - TO COOK STOCK
1. In a small pot, mixed 1 cup of water with 1/2 cup of soya sauce/stock.
2. Let it boil for 05 minutes under slow fire.
3. Leave it aside
READY TO SERVE
1. Drain ice water from the noodles
2. Pour in soya sauce stock
3. Garnish with shredded seaweed, bonito and chopped spring onions.