18 October 2011

REVISIT TO VIETNAM HOUSE


Remember I raved and  blogged about the mouth watering food served by this eatery...if you have forgotten, check it out here .   

Due to heavy lunch we had earlier and also it was almost dinner before the concert kicks off, the four of us decided to have a light meal instead. My order included few dishes I had during my previous visit and few new staples which I have yet to taste.

As usual, a plate of crunchy Fried Jack Fruit was placed on our table before all the dishes arrived.

Mango Salad and Rice Cracker (RM14.90++)
still retained the same amount of flavour
Prawn Beer (RM39.90++)
A mini steamboat pot consist of vietnamese beer only is used to cook all the sweet and medium size fresh prawns.  Unfortunately, the beer was too bitter for our tastebuds.

Hue Beef Noodles (RM16.90++)
Hot, spicy and served with soft rice noodles + slices of beef meat. My vote still goes to Pho Ba/Beef Noodles which was a divine taste for me.

Deep Fried Quail with Fried Glutinous Rice (RM25.90++)
Meat texture is not as crispy and succulent as compared during my past visit 
Ap Combination (RM32.90++)
Nice presentation but too expensive.  Pinned on the pineapple are sticks of fresh vietnamese spring roll tucked with slices of chinese sausages (was expecting fresh prawns), 1 stick of prawn sugar cane, 3 sticks of fried vietnamese popiah and 3 dollops of fried meat balls.  We ended up having the whole pineapple cut into slices as our dessert and it was very juicy and sweet!
Served together with the Ap Combo..spring roll skin, few types of green, chili sauce and water to soften and seal the skin....without any boiled prawns or cut chinese sausages 
Ice Cream (RM10.90++)
Highly recommended by the waiter. Look fanciful but I was totally disappointed. At first, I thought this speciality is ice cream blend with coconut water but all I could find inside this coconut was assorted flavour of ice cream. 

My rating for this restaurant has gone down after the second visit.  I guess the chef/cook can't keep up with the number of orders during peak hours and thus affected the food quality.  My first visit was close to lunch hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker