29 May 2009

THAI FOOD.... AGAIN???

The Thai food which I ate the other day (refer to my blog on Thai Food Fair) don't really satisfy my taste buds. Maybe the quality is not up to my expectation or the quantity is too little. Since I wanted to eat Thai food again, I went to search for more Thai food in the Internet and came across Nong & Jimmy Thai BBQ Seafood in Taman Cahaya, Ampang in Foodpoi's blog @ http://www.foodpoi.com/ and KY's blog @ http://kyspeaks.com

When we arrived there for dinner, the restaurant was packed with customers (free parking outside the restaurant). Each tables were full with seafood dishes and customers were busy eating and talking at the same time. I considered myself lucky that night cos' there were 1 (only 1) empty table available. As I walked and passed by each tables, I noticed that most of the table ordered cockles, crabs and fried rice.

When the waitress approached us, I already knew what to order without flipping thru the given menu...



  • Basket of BBQ cockles - RM5
**Cockles meat was nicely cooked**. Remember to dip it with the chilies sauce or peanut chilies sauce.











Fried Rice- RM5
At a glance, it doesn't look delicious, rite? Actually there were three fresh medium size prawns hidden in this dish. The rice were fried to the right texture
**very fragrant & tasty**.






Fried Black Pepper Crabs - RM25

**Crab meat was fresh but **unfortunately I dislike the taste of this dish cos' it's **not fried with black pepper **. There were lots of crunched peanuts and it tasted so sweet. I should have order BBQ Crab.






FRIED 'KANG KONG' - RM9
**Nothing to shout about this dish!** It's a plain green vege fried with pounded red chilies but without any dried shrimps or prawns .







A glass of 'cincau'/black jelly drink and lime juice cost RM2.50. Eat there again or a revisit??? No, I don't think so........


Here's the address/contact details:-
Lot 27363, Jalan Cahaya 1, Taman Cahaya, Ampang, Selangor.
Tel: 03-4251 1807, 019-261 1345, 012-273 8069
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=taman+cahaya+ampang+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=my&ei=wH0jSrPTHZCHkAWTrKTzBA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1





2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, The new gadgets look great.
    Let my know if I can help with anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker