18 February 2011

FARLIM SHELL STATION LAKSA CAFE

This coffee shop is located under a multi storey car park and easily to locate the bright and big red signage.

It was my last day in Penang and so it is a must for me to have a hot piping and delicious bowl of Penang Assam Laksa. Well, my best friend took me here, a place which I don't even know the existence of this famous eatery selling the best Assam Laksa and sweet soup in the island.


I was surprised to see all the workers are Indonesian who cooked and run the stall. But how could this be the best assam laksa whipped up by non-local? Actually, the owner is a local chinese (married to an Indonesian lady) who control the quality of the soup. Now, this is making more sense to me.

Boiling soup in a big metal pot!




I usually like my bowl of assam laksa with big pieces of boneless fish meat, lots of bunga kantan, peppermint leaves, pineapple, onion, cucumber, prawns paste and not forgetting chili padi. And this was exactly served to me plus 2 pieces of half size fried fish balls. The soup was so aromatic and even more ump with the hot cut chili padi! Definitely much better than assam laksa sell outside the Kek Lok Si Temple.
The fried spring rolls was crispy and tucked with tasty turnip + carrots filling. Best eaten with chili sauce or dip into the assam laksa soup. I love eating both ways.

Ice kacang (ABC) was awesome and filled with lots of ingredients.


Leng Chee Kang with lots of ingredients

Total food bill was about RM12


Address:-
Medan Angsana 4

Bandar Baru Air Itam, 11500 Penang
GPS:5.390472, 100.283139
Contact no: 016-4597179

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker