23 September 2010

FISH HEAD MEEHOON IN KOTA DAMANSARA

After reading few bloggers posting about Village Fish Head Noodle in Kota Damansara, I feel tempted with the nice photoshots. I decided to eat in this eatery for lunch before heading to the Crocs Warehouse Sale in Ikano.

For someone like me who is not familiar with Kota Damansara, I asked around and managed to locate this restaurant after few attempts. OMG, there are lots of restaurants in this area and its so difficult to find a parking during lunch hour. But fortunately, I got my parking spot within 10 minutes.



After settled down, we were given a menu which was not elaborative. Feeling skeptical about the food serve here , I ordered 1 bowl of Sotong/Squids Balls with Fish Head Meehoon and Fried Fish Paste Beancurd/Taufu. I asked the waitress whether I can opt for fat/'chor' mee hoon but was told only the fine meehoon is available. My instinct immediately tells me that I wouldn't like eating this bowl of noodle.

SOTONG BALLS + FISH HEAD MEEHOON (CLEAR SOUP) My bowl of noodles came piping hot with 3 sotong balls and 2 pieces of fried fish head . My mom & I totally disliked the taste of the soup as it was not tasty and flavorful enough. We asked for fried garlic/garlic oil but was given fried pork lard. The fried fish head was fresh but the sotong balls was not bouncy at all. Great disappointment!

FRIED FISH PASTE BEANCURDThumbs up! Each pieces was filled with fish paste + mashed beancurd+ chopped spring onion. Not oily and goes well with the chilies sauce.


My conclusion, no other restaurant can ever beat delicious and affordable fish head noodles in Jalan Alor

4 comments:

  1. Nothing beats good honest comments and good photography skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, thanks for the praises. I personally feel its better to beat straight rather than giving false compliment(s)but my photography skills still need a lot of improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best Fish Head Mee I've tasted.

    http://www.vkeong.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Different ppl have different tastebuds! I just discovered another eatery selling good fish bee hoon in Kuala Lumpur!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker