22 February 2013

CNY & VALENTINE'S DINNER IN RESTORAN HOKKAIDO

Let's put aside my US story for awhile since CNY mood is still in the air. A day after I returned to work which coincides with 5th day of Chinese New Year and also Valentine's Day, my friend invited me to a Yee Sang & seafood dinner. And, this marks my 1st Yee Sang in 2013!

Many times, I heard  from friends raving about delicious gourmet served in Restoran Hokkaido, a halal seafood restaurant. That night, we thought of having dinner in Cheras but the terrible jam took over our route to Jalan Pekeliling with lesser traffic on the road.



I was given the honour to choose my favorite dishes from the given menu. And for sure, I can't resist  Yee Sang  which is a must to eat during this  festive mood together with other seafood. 

I wanted to order a smaller portion but unfortunately only this big palate of yee sang was available.
With fresh cut salmon, a packet of pepper & 5 spice powder topped this colorful platter of Yee Sang (RM75) , we tossed and tossed higher for better luck. Appetizing and fulfilling indeed. Emptied before next dish arrives.

Steamed Escargots with Pounded Ginger and Garlic Sauce
I didn't know this kind of cooking style can churned out a robust taste, maintaining the soft & chewy escargot meat drown in flavorful gingery sauce.

Fried Butter Prawns
Combining Indian and Western ingredients, this is totally a knockout dish. Aromatic curry leaves, creamy milk and butter enhanced the taste of giant juicy prawns covered with crunch fried grated coconut.

Steamed Garoupa Fish with Assam Gravy
Another winning dish.  Caught from a live aquarium, the fish meat was fresh and firm came soaking  in a moderately spicy, rich sweetness balanced with a sour undertone gravy.

We cleaned our plates of rice and all the dishes feeling satiated.  Even better, we ended the night with jokes and laughter.

Oh yeah, I noticed that most tables ordered crabs. Another dish to try in my next visit. The owner and servers are friendly, so tell them your taste preference i.e spicy, mild & etc.



Hokkaido Seafood Restaurant (facing directly Vistana Hotel)
No.68 Jalan Lumut, Damai Complex,
Off Jalan Ipoh, 50400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-40411316
Business Hours: 6.00pm - 2.00am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker