09 March 2012

GETAWAY IN PHILIPPINES - DAY 1

BACK DATED POST

Was in Philippines during the Chinese New Year. It was a low key celebration in that country with little CNY decorations in the shopping malls /hotels except in the china town where there is a big bang of lion dance and fire crackers.

What amazed me most are the people there: friendly, courteous and helpful. On the street, inside taxi, restaurant or where ever you are, you'll be greeted with 'Ma'am or 'Sir'. If you  lost/seek for direction, just approach anyone of them and they'll immediately obliged/tell you.  I wasn't scared or feel like a total stranger at all. In fact, one of those day, I even  walked, shopped and dine alone till 8pm and safely returned to hotel. All in all, Philippines is a safe country to visit although I was told this country is full of mafia before my visit.

 hot and humid weather at the airport!


got myself a cone of ice-cream to quench my thirsty throat...not bad
 

a pack of pork bacon crackers to fill up my tummy...not to my liking
 

instead of spending PHP19,800 for a taxi ride from the airport to the hotel, we paid PHP450 each for a bus to the Mega Mall. from there, we took a cab and were charged PHP250 to Berjaya Manila Hotel in Makati.




arriving Makati

next..Jollibee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker