22 July 2009

BACK TO MY HOMETOWN- DAY 2


After a light breakfast at home, my friend's parent took me to see a fortune teller in a nearby temple which is about 20 minutes drive from their house. Penang people always believes in seeking help, advice or direction from the goddess in any temple whenever they face problem.....but I went there just for fun..... and it was fun to listen to the nun who read about my life and destiny after providing her with my birth date and time......which was very accurate indeed and worth my RM20!!!




My lunch was with non other than the infamous and every friendly Penang Blogger i.e CK Lam www.what2seeonline.com. We met up in New World Park which is a one-stop centre for food, shopping and entertainment. After ordering our favourite food, we settled down, eat and chat at the same time. CK unselfishly shared a lot of blogger tips with me which I appreciate it so much!

The rest of the afternoon was spent on visiting shopping malls i.e. GAMA and Penang Times Square http://www.penangtimessquare.com/ The mall is beautiful, huge and tall but only a handful of shops are open maybe to due to its exorbitant rental. We took about 15 minutes only walking on the mall as compared to the time you spent when you were in Berjaya Times Square, KL.


Our plan to have dinner in New Lane was blew up by the heavy down pour. Feeling frustrated, we decided to eat in a coffee shop in Tg Bungah which is very close to my friend apartment. Among all the food we ordered, Duck Drumstick Mee Suah was the best....its herbal soup was superb with tender duck meat!!! Because of the wet weather, we cancelled our plan to the 'pasar malam'/nite market.....




........more on day 3

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, thanks for joining in. PENANG, haven't been there for years! I hated the traffic there! My uncle and his family already shifted from Penang to KL years ago. Need to take care of their restaurant! Actually, I don't go to the city often eventhough I have lots of friends & relatives staying there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with you the traffic is terrible especially during public holidays. Because of this, my trip to Penang is usually on normal days....Btw, Penang food is still the best:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts with Thumbnails

FOLLOW ME!!!

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

ARCHIVES

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...

I SPREAD MY WINGS & FLY TO...
Lamma Island, Hong Kong

Bandung, Indonesia

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

Hatyai, Thailand

Shenzen, China

Macau, China

Taipei, Taiwan

Universal Studio,Singapore

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Bangkok & Pattaya

South Korea

Makati, Philippines

SAN FRANCISCO

HOLLYWOOD, USA

Total Pageviews

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker